BCBA Internship Program
At Behavior Change Institute, an essential part of our mission is to increase capacity of qualified providers in order to enhance access to Applied Behavior Analysis services for families. To reach this goal, BCI has developed a Behavior Analysis internship program to provide the supervision and mentorship required for individuals seeking their BCBA certification. This internship program is open to current BCI employees.
Through our BCBA Internship Program, we aim to develop interns’ behavior-analytic, professional, and ethical repertoires to prepare them to be effective Behavior Analysts. BCI’s Internship program follows all guidelines set forth by the Behavior Analyst Certification Board (BACB).
BCI’s BCBA Internship Program supports the development of our culture of excellence, accountability, critical thinking, and excitement by modeling essential clinical and supervisory skills:
- Adaptability: working effectively in the faces of stress, ambiguity, difficult situations, and shifting priorities.
- Collaboration: Building effective working relationships and collaborating as a team player.
- Problem Solving: Identifying and resolving problems in a timely manner while balancing the interest of the business and its employees.
- Compliance: Performing job duties while acting in accordance with all company policies and procedures, all applicable federal and state regulations and all regulatory agencies’ standards and requirements.
- Support and Encouragement of Others: Informally sharing expertise and guiding others to improve their skills; supporting a feeling of personal commitment that encourages others to excel.
- Establishment of Trust and Credibility: Gaining the confidence and trust of others through principled leadership and sound business ethics.
- Innovation: Challenges the status quo thinking to generate new ideas; takes an open-minded approach to situations.
- Monthly Journal Reading Groups
- Delivery of behavior analytic services via state-of-the-art TeleBehavioral Health treatment modalities
- Discrete Trial Training
- Pivotal Response Training
- Natural Environment Teaching
- Applied Verbal Behavior
- Designing and systematically monitoring skill acquisition and behavior-reduction programs
- Conducting Assessments (e.g., stimulus preference assessments, VB-MAPP, FBA)
- ABA training and supervision (i.e., overseeing the implementation of behavior-analytic programs by others)
Our Recent Interns
We are proud of the staff members who have successfully completed all or part of their field experience with Behavior Change Institute and successfully received their certification as Board Certified Behavior Analysts.